Friday, January 1, 2010

Buche de Noel...


That would be French for "Cake shaped like a log".

AKA: Yule log cake.

I had to try it. I love to make cakes. I make a cake for the kid's birthdays every year. Let's just say countless Wilton cake pans ok? Right before we moved to Maine- I sold them 'gasp'. Yes I finally sold them. I had to let go. I just don't need Barbie or Bob the Builder. Anywho, I have made many, many a cake. Hands still hurt sisters.


Traditionally we have a home made desert for Christmas. This year my husband suggested the 'Buche de Noel'. I went on the search. Google is my friend but in the end I went with the recipe from Cuisine magazine. The sponge cake was a light orange and the buttercream was chocolate that I made dark with a hint of coffee. Lovely & even more lovely.


Where I went wrong: I rolled the cake from the short end and not from the long side. I call it very excited to get this thing going. Cake was fat and short which only left me enough for one limb on top (usually there is one on top and one on the side) She was still tasty! I made the mushrooms from Marzipan and sprinkled them with cocoa. The rosemary was brushed with egg white and dusted with sugar and paired with red sugared candies. These were pure decoration although Ethan tried to eat a mushroom. He ended up NOT eating it- LOL


I am thrilled to say it was yummy and I felt like Julia Child the whole time. Ok, not really.

Happy Baking!

Tracey

No comments:

Heart 2 Heart

Search This Blog

My Friends

Who is Tracey?

My photo
I live in Maine with my husband and two kids while my oldest is in San Fran attending college. I am happiest with my camera attached to my face or making something crafty with paper. I am going on 9 years as a CTMH consultant, I am a Stamping Royalty Contest Winner and have been published many times in Papercrafts & Stamp It.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP