Friday, November 26, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

My Christmas decorations are up! True Story. I put them up for Thanksgiving every year. I'm sick like that. 

The beauty of it is I have less stress now until Christmas. Now I can shop, eat, craft & take photos up the wazoo and not have to worry about the trees. Yes, I said trees. Two. One big one for the kids & one super purdy dainty one with million dollar bulbs and such. 

Since I no longer do the "Black Friday" thing I decided to break out the camera. Ok. I didn't have to break it out. It was just sitting here. I picked it up and purdy things happened. Bokeh happened. See...
 and this one
this one too
and this 

Bokeh you say?

 In photographybokeh (pronounced /boʊˈkeɪ/) is the blur,[1][2] or the aesthetic quality of the blur,[3][4][5] in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light."[6]Differences in lens aberrations and aperture shape cause some lens designs to blur the image in a way that is pleasing to the eye, while others produce blurring that is unpleasant or distracting—"good" and "bad" bokeh, respectively.[1] Bokeh occurs for parts of the scene that lie outside the depth of field. Photographers sometimes deliberately use a shallow focus technique to create images with prominent out-of-focus regions.
Bokeh is often most visible around small background highlights, such as specular reflections and light sources, which is why it is often associated with such areas.[1] However, bokeh is not limited to highlights, as blur occurs in all out-of-focus regions of the image.
What ever it is, I like it. Google it my friends. There is a whole other world out there. 
Ps. almost forgot. The last two images -I got the idea from the DIY photography site. You can use craft punches to create these effects. In this case I used a star punch. Off to make more. I am dreaming of snowflakes & trees &  hearts...
Tracey 

No comments:

Heart 2 Heart

Search This Blog

My Friends

Who is Tracey?

My photo
I live in Maine with my husband and two kids while my oldest is in San Fran attending college. I am happiest with my camera attached to my face or making something crafty with paper. I am going on 9 years as a CTMH consultant, I am a Stamping Royalty Contest Winner and have been published many times in Papercrafts & Stamp It.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP