Monday, August 9, 2010

"Picture This" CTMH Album Contest Winning Pages...

I know, I know. It's about time.

Picture This” Convention Album Contest


I cannot contain my excitement sisters. See every year at convention (started 3 years ago) CTMH has this HUGO contest with a matching HUGO prize attached to it. It’s called the Convention Album Contest. Each year the submissions must meet different criteria announced by corp about 2 months before Convention. This year our Convention was held in Washington D.C. July 7th-10th with the overall theme “Picture This”. The Album Contest followed suit and was named the “Picture This Album Contest”. Each entry had to follow the rules below:

Create 6 (2 page) 12x12 layouts.

One layout must have only Sepia or B&W photos.

One layout must have only 3 photos

One layout must have at least 10 photos

One layout must be entirely Studio J (our online scrapbook design studio)

One layout must feature one large photo on left or right side of layout

One layout must have photos of things not people.

*Each layout will be judged on Photography, Creative uses of CTMH supplies, 3 layouts must include stamping, All must contain journaling, Creative Color combos. Only CTMH supplies used including die cut machines.

Tall order huh? Well when I tell you the prizes- you will see why I entered!

3rd prize- one of every single new Accessory in the Aut/Winter Idea Book

2nd prize- one of every single new Stamp Set in the Aut/Winter Idea Book

Grand Prize- one of every single new ITEM in the Aut/Winter Idea Book (retail value of just under $1300.00)

Ok friends, Are you Ready?

I am completely ecstatic to announce that I won the Grand Prize this year! Let’s just say that I was so excited that I almost lost my dinner as they announced my name and during that whole speech they gave- I didn’t hear 90% of it. Gosh I wish I knew what they had said! Anyway it must have been good! I won. I won. I won. Say it ain’t so, but I won. Did I tell you I won? Yep. I did. So why no pictures until now? Well corp had it until this past weekend. Guess they wanted to photograph it. Steal my ideas or something like that. ha, ha

                                                   (This is my "heck yeah girl, I did it" walk)

I would also like to congratulate Kelly English Triggs, my friend who took home 3rd place and Annette Green who took 2nd plus Consultants Choice. I am honored to be among such a super talented group and I feel so grateful to be one of the original 3 Grand Prize Album winners. I think Kim, Nona and I should have our own exclusive dinner or something now -every stinkin' year at Convention. Yes, I know good luck convincing corp we "need" that. I guess for now I will settle with the this HUGE BASKET OF WINNING PRODUCT. Oh the life...

(thanks to Val and her Hubby for taking these photos)

Here is my album and a little tid bit at the bottom that I had concerning each layout. Ps. click on each photo to make it bigger. And kindly remember that if you copy my work- please give credit where it's due and ask me first before you copy my photos and post them somewhere. It's creepy to go to someone's blog and see your kids faces without permission.








Highlights from 2009

Make a banner by cutting even triangles and trimming with ribbon (mine are 2x2)

I colored waxy flax with the Outdoor denim marker. I curled the flax around the round file and secured with liquid glass.

Using the craft knife, I cut through the page protector to allow my journaling window to be used.

Other tid bits: some photos are elevated using the plain Dimensional Elements sheets, paper pieced clouds & decorated

clear buttons.



As She Flew Away

Stamp butterflies with Stazon ink onto the clear cards & cut out. Tip: I use the square & cut them in half first. Let dry before

cutting. Stamp on paper butterflies as well.

To create the sewn sentiment “flew” I hand drew “flew” onto plain paper, trimmed it out, laid it onto the layout & pierced the

holes over my handwriting. Stitched with floss.



Maine, Where We Found Home

I used the “faux wood grain technique” on the Dimensional Element letters. Visit www.tmasonstudio.blogspot.com to view

my video on how to achieve this technique.

“where we found home” is typed and printed using CTMH Sea Captain font. After drying, I applied Liquid Glass. I wrapped

the edges with hemp. Ps. I live 10 minutes from this lighthouse. Awesome.



Halloween

Studio J layout. This was my first and only Studio J layout! I am so impressed with the ease and quality it won’t be my last!

I changed many things on this layout within the design software. I deleted photo spaces, flipped paper & photo areas. I added

buttons, changed out the ribbon color, used brads instead of buckles, & put my My Stickease in photo areas. Altered the size

of My Stickease as well. Distressed the edges and for something different I added the stitching for the buttons to my

journaling space as decoration.

Upon receiving my layout, I decided they were too nice to alter so all I added was Bitty Sparkles on the diamond B&T.



Your Cello

For this layout I created my own spray paint. I used Ocean Re-inker & Create a Shade Pearl Paint. I added several drops of

the re inker to a small spray bottle then added the paint. Mixed it up and sprayed away! Tip: adding a couple drops of

water may help to keep the nozzle from clogging.

I altered my photos in Photoshop to give them a softer feel and to desaturate the colors.

I ruffled and stapled the B&T papers. Stamped and tore the cardstock.

To create the Bird, I outlined the stamp with the Black marker. Stamped this onto White Daisy Cs & trimmed out. I then

stamped over the bird outline with the Houndstooth stamp. No bird is complete without bling so I added some! The pink is cut from the Opaques cherries and the wing is created using Sparkles.





When I think Of Love, I Think Of You

I have a vintage printer’s tray that I picked up at a yard sale. This was the inspiration behind the layout design. I created the

boxes by scoring cardstock and adhering the sides. I then took the VersaMark pad and tapped the edges & embossed the

rims in silver.

I made the flowers with the quilling technique. They are distressed and each has a pearl in the center. Tip: Secure these with

Liquid Glass!

The miniature vintage thread spool was sanded down so it would lay flatter.

I altered these photos in Photoshop using a “Seventies” Action on them.


Thanks for all your loving support my friends!
Hugs,
Tracey

16 comments:

Kelly Triggs said...

Jaw-dropping!! Just jaw-dropping!! Some of your creative detail is just amazing. I am sad to only see 5 layouts...where's the one with the butterfly you talk about??

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

WOW! Congrats! You definitely deserved this win - amazing job :-)
~Paula

Nancy Ball said...

WOW, WOW, WOW......You are AMAZING! Your pages are INSPIRING! Your photos are SPECTACULAR! I wanna be an artist like you when I grow up, Tracey!

nonapearl said...

love, love, LOOOOOOVE it!

and yes, i agree... a special luncheon just for us and Kim would be SPLENDID!!! Corp???

Hugs! You deserve all the accolades. Your album is stunning.

Tammy Hall said...

Tracey you did a wonderful job on this. You deserved to win. One day when I come to see you, you can give me all your tricks and secrets to being a "winning" scrapbooker. Love ya my friend!!!!

Tracey Mason's Studio said...

Thanks Kelly. For some reason it didn't upload. I fixed it so go back and view it! ha-ha

Kelly Triggs said...

Oh- thank you! I LOVE that layout too! I was reading the description that talked about you stamping the butterflies on the clear cards and SOOOO wanted to see it! Just totally awesome!! You so deserved your win!!

Sheila Bennett said...

Absolutely *beautiful* pages! You are so super creative. Congrats on your big win!

Sheila Bennett said...

And I forgot to say - you were so cute when you were make your "I did it" walk down the center aisle. :)

Anonymous said...

These are some of the very best layouts I've ever seen. The photos are perfect and they are supported nicely by your art work.

Congratulations, Tracey.

Mary

Peggy Lee said...

Tracey wow breathen, you deserve this-your artwork is amazing...you truely inspire me...

Unknown said...

What is left to say that hasn't already been said? I want to be an artist like you when I grow up? Nope. Said. You deserved the win. Nope. Said. You're awesome. Said. Hmmm. How about....DOO DAH DIPPITY!!!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Your album was amazing! I was lucky enough to see and drool over it in person! The butterfly page was my fave fave fave! You are VERY talented!!!
So well deserved!!!

Lorrinda said...

Congratulations Tracey! Very well deserved! Your pages are truly gorgeous...wouldn't be surprised to see your work in the next CTMH How-To book. I'd love to see the rest of them...

Scrapbook With Starr said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I forgot how incredible your album really was! You totally deserve this win! xo, Starr :)

Ruth said...

Congratulations. your album is amazing.

Heart 2 Heart

Search This Blog

My Friends

Who is Tracey?

My photo
I live in Maine with my husband and two kids while my oldest is in San Fran attending college. I am happiest with my camera attached to my face or making something crafty with paper. I am going on 9 years as a CTMH consultant, I am a Stamping Royalty Contest Winner and have been published many times in Papercrafts & Stamp It.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP