Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Another Remodel- Backyard & Deck

Here I am again with another remodeling update. What are we up to now 5 or 6? Feels like 20. I am tired of remodeling. Done. Pooped. Proud. Thrilled. Living it up.
Here is why. What do you do with a poorly stained, moldy, stinky, boring, dry deck? Well the first year we let it go. Hardly sat out there. Sun was way too hot and it was plain boring. So we have some before and afters for you. What I didn't get a photo of was the deck before the cleaning which took 2 people, 2 days. Powerwashing & scrubbing. It was awful. Just picture a neglected deck that was moldy & partially stained orange, yes a terrible shade of orange. Apparently a stain job gone real bad.

This project took over a month to do since we also had to repair & paint the bump out section around the sliding glass door. It was unfinished and in desperate need of repair. Our goal was to complete everything plus get the heater installed on the pool and totally heated by Memorial weekend. We ended up a week ahead of schedule. Party on Wayne. Party on Garth...

Here are the afters plus a bit of the backyard. Enjoy!


Who's ready to party?

8 comments:

Amy Pitts said...

wow! ON my way over now start up the grill :)

Melanie said...

Oh, WOW! Tracey...I LOVE your backyard!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I'm ENVIOUS!!!

Unknown said...

Ok Ok I will come over!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ooooohhhhhh! I am ready to party. Just let me hurry and lose another 20 lbs. and I'll have my suit on and be over. The remodel is GORGEOUS!

Tracey Mason's Studio said...

No losing weight allowed! Just come on over girls!

Martha Barnett said...

How far is it to Maine from Ohio? I'll be right over! No lime margaritas for me though!

Katy said...

That looks like something on HGTV or something...complete with the little bright storage off to the side and the cute little model in the pool!!! SO WORTH he wait, I'm sure!!! My question is...swimming weather in West Texas is 90-degrees plus...what's considered swimming weather up North?

Anonymous said...

OMG...that is drop dead gorgeous!!! Looks like a little slice of Heaven to me!! I'll book plane fair and hang out in that "slice of Heaven" with you for about a year!!! Just beautiful. You're a lucky lady!! Hugs, Rockin Robin C (stampinsavage at yahoo dot com)

Heart 2 Heart

Search This Blog

My Friends

Who is Tracey?

My photo
I live in Maine with my husband and two kids while my oldest is in San Fran attending college. I am happiest with my camera attached to my face or making something crafty with paper. I am going on 9 years as a CTMH consultant, I am a Stamping Royalty Contest Winner and have been published many times in Papercrafts & Stamp It.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP