Monday, April 12, 2010

April stamp of the month...

I was seriously going to wait and post this tomorrow but I just can't help myself! I need to spend more time on my new laptop- you know figure it out somemore... yeah right.

Anyway here is a little purdy card I made with the April SOTM from CTMH. The set D1409 Flower Pot is a cutie set that you can get FREE! Check out my online shopping happy place under my blog header for more info. Here is what the set looks like: sorry for the slight distortion, my bad.
Here is my card:
Yes my friends that is Flower Soft. Here is what I did. First I stamped the flower pot onto sanded Desert Sand Cardstock with Chocolate Ink. Cut it out. Sponged the edges in Choco ink & bent it slightly to give it a rounded feel. I attached the pot using 2 small foam squares in the center and filled it with some liquid glass to keep it's shape. Next I used the Black Texture Tool and swirled it into New England Ivy ink then swirled it onto the cardstock to created a backdrop image for the topiary. Then I hand drew the bark/stem what ever you call that and began with the Flower Soft. That happens to be the "Heather" in case Inquiring Minds need to know. Now I am working on another card that is way over the top in the 3D dept. so give me some time to post that! but it will be worth it. Trust me.
Enjoy!
Tracey

Ps. and yes I realize this is 3 posts in one day. Chalk it up to the new laptop & "L" key that works! ha-ha

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautimous!

Gloria said...

Fabulous! Now you've convinced me I need flower soft. Dang it... :)

Unknown said...

Marvelous Darling, simply Marvelous!!!!! I love it!! But then you knew that!!!!

Katy said...

GO-GIOUS, gf!!! So much detail...you blow me away!

Unknown said...

Your card i amazing! I love it!

Heart 2 Heart

Search This Blog

My Friends

Who is Tracey?

My photo
I live in Maine with my husband and two kids while my oldest is in San Fran attending college. I am happiest with my camera attached to my face or making something crafty with paper. I am going on 9 years as a CTMH consultant, I am a Stamping Royalty Contest Winner and have been published many times in Papercrafts & Stamp It.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP