Friday, April 10, 2009

"You say it's your birthday, well it's my birthday too- Yeah!"

True story! April 10th, 1971. I was born. How lucky I am! Seriously, the first present I got this morning was, are you ready? I got to sleep in. Talk about a great gift. I woke up to the little man greeting me with a kiss. Then of course to say he was hungry but I will take the little things when I can.

I'm not usually into my own birthday but this year for some reason has been HOT! I started to collect presents early on. My very first gift was from Martin, my husband. He bought me the Kindle 2. Now why don't we go ahead and leave out the details - like how I called and begged him for it and said it can be my birthday present! I just love it so. I still have the Kindle 1 as well. So much to read and so little time.


Last week I got this treasure: A surprise pizza party with friends! I knew something was going on but couldn't be for sure. Yvette was acting too funny and can't fib worth a darn- but I love her anyway and if you think about it she would never be able to lie to me so what a great friend I have! These chicks even had one of those to die for chocolate ice cream cakes from Cold Stone Creamery! I am still in heaven. They lavished me with gifts and I have to say that my favorite was the "True Blood" tee shirt from Hot Topic. I have a thingy for Vampires that I just can't explain and truthfully don't even want to try. (Shout out to Cathy S, oh yes my friend- I have started the Black Dagger Brotherhood series- you were spot on in recommending that!) Elaine made me this card that I don't even know how to describe to you. It said "My life before Tracey". Basically it was about how drab her papercrafting skills were before she met me. The card was made into a little book that got prettier as you flipped through it. LOL I am still laughing!

Today is rockin so far with gifts. Like I said I got to sleep in. Then my new-ish coffee maker (Keriug B60) greeted me with a quick, no mess hot steamin' cup of Joe. I'm in heaven. Then I got online and found this:


On my dear friend Karen's blog. A birthday shout out to me! Go to her blog and see how wonderful she is. http://karenpedersen.blogspot.com/ She is one of the many blessings in my life. You know when you meet someone and become friends with them and you feel like this is someone I will treasure forever? This is what I have with Karen. I'm so lucky to have 3 women like this in my life. Karen is one of them. We are so much alike that we questioned being separated at birth. The funny thing is, we were raised and live two totally different lives but somehow we are the same! And dang we are both HOT in those hats! Love and hugs to you Karen!
Now that I brought up the 3 special friends, I have to say that another gift to me was from Shanna. Shanna is one of my 3 forever friends. She is actually the first one. Shan and I met in 5th grade. She was new to our school and it was my job (I don't know how I was elected) to beat her up. LOL Yes true story. The new girl needed to get whooped. It was my job. I was supposed to take her out to the swing set and knock her around. Sadly, I took her out there while they all watched. She had no idea. Those swings were so far out in the field I remember. We started talking and I was so nervous, Shan was nice. I liked her. I don't remember everything but I do remember making it out there and I said to her that the whoopin' needed to begin. Then I remember telling her that I didn't want to do it and that I actually liked her. She liked me too. We walked away from the swings as friends and never walked out of each other's lives. We have been through first loves together, getting married, having children and moving away. My gift was talking to her on the phone this week. We talked for at least 1.5 hours -maybe longer I lost track. Catching up was a precious gift. She lives in Iowa with her husband and son. Has an unbelievable gift with children and likes to fish. ick on the fish thing. She sends me pictures of what she catches to freak me out! I thank god everyday that it was me chosen to give her the "new girl beating".
Just in case you are wondering who special friend #2 is. That is Yvette. I am not allowing myself to talk about her right now. She is way to dear and near. Since I am moving away from her, we haved vowed NOT to speak about it. I cannot sit here and write about her without mentioning the moving issue. So I won't. All I can say to her right now is, I cannot see through my eyes as I type. They are full of tears. (this is my party, and I'll cry if I want to...)
moving on...
I also got this email from the big man:

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,Happy Birthday to Babe Happy birthday to you!!!And many more !!!!Love you and can't wait to see you and give you a BiG Squeeze. :o)

I didn't expect this since he worked it out with his boss to come home for a week. He is currently on a plane flying home to me on my birthday. Just in time to take me out to dinner!

I also got cards from my Grams and Helen (my mother in law). Thank you so much! I can't tell you how it warms my heart to see an envelope addressed to me in their handwriting! It is special.
Yesterday, I ran to the mall to get my favorite lip liner that had run out. I shop at Sephora. It is a candy store if you know what I mean. Every kind of makeup product you can imagine. Since it was my bday week- I got a gift! 3 tubes of juicy lip gloss! Can this get any better?

Right now it's 11:46 am Eastern time. And I feel so much love already. Hands down the best birthday so far. And yes if you did the math, I am a whopping 38 (eight and 30 if you are speaking Jane Austen). I guess that is another present! I am not 40. The day just gets better as I type!

If you are wondering what else I was planning on doing today, I was supposed to clean the house. I decided not to. I am just going to spend the day making myself look HOT for my husband. This should take all day anyway.

Oh, I almost forgot what I bought myself! LOL I had to do it. CTMH made me!
The brand new Summer Idea Book is here! I am so in love with it. I just placed myself a big fat order! Hey now- I got a discount and got to order before it goes live to customers! Sweeeeet!
Well sisters, I am off to make myself look hot. I hope when your birthday rolls around you have one as great as mine. Heck I'm willing to bet it's your "unbirthday". So happy "unbirthday" to you and happy birthday to me.
Tracey

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tracey! Now you have me crying. You said so many nice things about me. Thank you. Just know that your 'sista from anotha motha' is thinking about you today...all day! I wish I were there to deliver my birthday gifts in person. I wish I could paint your toenails for you as you get ready to see the big guy tonight. A new pedicure always makes me feel hot. I vote you go get one today. Happy, happy and happy to you!

Stampin n da Hood said...

oh Tracey, Tracey, Tracey (there I spelled your name right THREE times!)
I am sooo glad you had a special birthday...because you are such a special person...and I am sorry I missed it by a few. You are truly blessed to have such friends, and don't worry I know you'll make some new ones in Maine...
gack...MAINE???!!!

Heart 2 Heart

Search This Blog

My Friends

Who is Tracey?

My photo
I live in Maine with my husband and two kids while my oldest is in San Fran attending college. I am happiest with my camera attached to my face or making something crafty with paper. I am going on 9 years as a CTMH consultant, I am a Stamping Royalty Contest Winner and have been published many times in Papercrafts & Stamp It.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP