Saturday, February 27, 2010

If you said Vermont...

Ding, ding. You were right! We tripped it to Vermont. We had never been and thought why the heck not. First stop on the tour was Ben & Jerry's Factory in Waterbury. I mean really, who doesn't want ice cream in February? We weren't the only crazy folk on the tour either!

The tour itself was fun, delicious &  informative but I must say the lighting was too funky - I just couldn't get it right photography wise. Oh well. I also need to say that we were NOT allowed to take photos of the ice cream making process! They think we could have actually stolen secret info! For goodness sake,  we were up on another level looking down on the entire process through a huge window. Everything was in large un-labeled vats of some sort- not very likely that we could walk away knowing how to make "Cherry Garcia" Ok! Moving on...

One bummer- the weather was not cooperating so we couldn't take the outdoor tour of the graveyard. The graveyard consists of tombstones with all the retired flavors! Darn! I threw a tantrum that made a two year old jealous and we left!

Here's a few fun shots. Don't laugh at the one of me. I look like a loon and not quite sure what happened to my hair!
Fun, fun, fun! And I must stay they only give you one sample on this tour. Nice sized sample but just one sample. It just so happened that we got to try the new special flavor "Maple Blondie" created to honor Hannah Teeter, Olympic Snowboarder from Vermont. That evening we watched her win a Silver Medal! How cool!

Next stop on the tour. Can you guess? Clue #1 We got "trapped" as in "Von Trapped" .
Until tomorrow,
Tracey

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh i missed ya the other night and so would have guessed VT cause i live just 30 mins east of waterbury!!! Glad you all had fun!

Anonymous said...

I know the Van Trapp reference - read the book! You'll be singing and playing in Eidlevise (don't have a clue how to spell that one!)
If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend it.

Mary

Unknown said...

I left you an award on my blog, Miss Ice Cream.

Heart 2 Heart

Search This Blog

My Friends

Who is Tracey?

My photo
I live in Maine with my husband and two kids while my oldest is in San Fran attending college. I am happiest with my camera attached to my face or making something crafty with paper. I am going on 9 years as a CTMH consultant, I am a Stamping Royalty Contest Winner and have been published many times in Papercrafts & Stamp It.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP