Sunday, January 10, 2010

Found some Mojo and new software...

Contest week 120 sketch:
Here is my card:


I used CTMH papers (Creative Basics Veranda Collection) and Damask Tiles (very faint image behind the sentiment which is PTI). The lovely antique chair die cut is my new find! I have discovered SCAL- Sure Cuts A Lot. With this software you can turn any True Type font, dingbat or image into an SVG file which is geek speak for 'cutting file'. I have the Cricut machine but it is my understanding you can use different cutting machines as well.

This software that I purchased at Candacraft.com has opened up a world of possibilities for me. There are so many images that I would love to cut that Cricut hasn't made and there are many talented people out there in the universe who create these files and are so kind to share them, mostly Free! This is how I found the chair.

I am going to do a separate post on SVG files and some things I have done with them. I would also like to call out a special designer who in 'his' free time just makes these and shares with the world. Talented men, what would we do without them?

Until the next post...

Tracey

4 comments:

Lisa R said...

Darling card. I am also a CTMH consultant. Where in Maine are you? My husband and I travelled in our RV from our home in California to Maine and back this past fall. We spent 3 weeks in Maine and I LOVE IT THERE!!!!! I'm a native Californian though and would never leave here. But if I did, I'd go to Maine...

Stampin n da Hood said...

Love that card!


(no TLynn...you canNOT have the new software cause you have a MAC)

Sheila Bennett said...

Adorable card! Love the chair die-cut, and love how the cute little sentiment and how you put everything together. Those papers are just the perfect 'victorian' feel for the chair. :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty! Love that chair. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)

Heart 2 Heart

Search This Blog

My Friends

Who is Tracey?

My photo
I live in Maine with my husband and two kids while my oldest is in San Fran attending college. I am happiest with my camera attached to my face or making something crafty with paper. I am going on 9 years as a CTMH consultant, I am a Stamping Royalty Contest Winner and have been published many times in Papercrafts & Stamp It.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP