Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Scrappin' with 8x12 photos...


Here is a two pager I did recently with 2- 8x12 photos. I took these of Portland Head Light last year and decided they were too good NOT to print in large format. I love these photos so much they have appeared on my blog several times, including my blog header up top along with my 2009 Christmas Card. I designed them both in Photoshop while experimenting with Layers, Brushes, Digi Stamps & papers.
I print most of my photos for scrapbooking at home with too much trial and error. For that reason alone I went to a developer for these large ones. I couldn't justify the cost of ink & paper, especially if I had to reprint them. I don't have many options out here in Maine but I do like Sam's Club's prints. I also like their price. I paid less than $2 each for these photos.
Tip: If you decide to print this size through Sam's Club you won't find the 8x12 option on the web site. You can choose "custom size" but please be aware that you will be charged a premium. The gal in the Photo Center told me to send the files over as 4x6's then order the 8x12 at the counter. She also said I shouldn't be charged for custom since the next largest size I believe is 10x12 and the cost of it is under $2.
There you have it. Now all you have to do is choose a high quality photo to have enlarged. It's a good idea to enlarge the photo on your computer first, check and make sure everything is in focus and you don't have pixelation issues. I have a 12 mega pixel camera so I knew I wouldn't have issues with that but I do suffer from focus pocus & wrong settings. I snap away without looking at my settings. Ewe, bad habit. Now I shoot in Raw Format so I can solve all my issues afterwards. This really came in handy while we were at that Highlands Festival in New Hampshire last year. On accident my White Balance setting was set wrong and ten gorgeous photos of the White Mountains turned out blue! One button in Photoshop changed it. I forever bow to the Gods of Raw Formatting.
My die cut title was done with SCAL. My very first time! I love this font "Sea Captain" from CTMH (font cd) I thought it was perfect for these photos. My photo of the layout on the left looks a little bowed in the middle but it really isn't. I couldn't get them to stand properly and finally gave up. Just know that they are perfectly straight. I used this flourish paper from Jenni Bowlin that I'd been hording for over two years I think. Must stop hording, must stop hording. The journaling section was created with Nestie dies (Labels) and a matching stamp set from PTI called Vintage Labels. Nichole Heady created these to match the dies perfectly. I LOVE them & think it turned out great.
Well friends, we were pounded with over a foot of snow in the last day and a half so I must get plowing. I love that beautiful smell of gas and oil mixed with small engine exhaust- NOT.
Happy Scrapbooking,
Tracey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great layout, great photography (as always!) and great post!

Heart 2 Heart

Search This Blog

My Friends

Who is Tracey?

My photo
I live in Maine with my husband and two kids while my oldest is in San Fran attending college. I am happiest with my camera attached to my face or making something crafty with paper. I am going on 9 years as a CTMH consultant, I am a Stamping Royalty Contest Winner and have been published many times in Papercrafts & Stamp It.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP